WAAAH I was not paying attention! Today marks ONE YEAR since the prologue to gen one was published! One year since Jacob first came into our lives and sent us on this wonderful journey. One year of laughter, tears, anger, and joy. One year of getting to meet y’all, and one year of sharing my work 😳 which is a huge deal for me.
I decided I wanted to be a writer when I was fourteen and started really writing, and for a couple years I shared some fanfiction but then I closed down shop, so to speak, and stopped sharing ANY of my writing for over ten years! But here we are now. Generation five plus my other legacies. I feel overwhelmed with joy!
I have some stuff planned but since I am super sick right now it might be a few days or even a week before I get the specials done. I have a small special to picture/write, and hopefully a video. But I decided to go ahead and do what others have done and open up a Q&A to all y’all!
So any questions you have about me, my life, my writing, or to any of the characters, feel free to ask. If there is anything that involves the main plot, of course, I won’t be revealing anything so no asking “Why did Jay and Kay pick Jacob”. But I will be putting all questions on this post with the answers (though I will reply to you in the comments to let you know I have answered it). If you want me to link your name to somewhere like your story or anything, let me know 😀
ANYWAY! Hope you have a great day, and thank you SO much for making this past year so amazing for me ❤
BluexSkittlesx: 1. How did you come up with the idea for this story? I know it probably just popped into your head, but how did it all come about? 2. Did you always know the plot for each character etc? 3. And have you always kept to how you want it to end?
Answer: 1. In Sims 2 my favorite part was aliens. -grins- I guess I’m a bit like Jay in that aspect. xD I was obsessed with aliens and about 80 percent of my sims were abducted and impregnated. So when I started sims 3 one of the first things I noticed was lack of aliens. I almost cried. After discovering sim stories and legacies, I really wanted to start sharing my writing again. I knew immediately I wanted to do something about aliens and male pregnancy. After making Jacob in CAS I came up with a vague story of man-wants-babies, man-gets-dumped, man-meets-crazy-scientist, man-gets-preggers. So I started, very nervously (since it was so different from other legacies I had started reading). I didn’t even have the Reddings in mind yet! I knew I wanted to have a mad scientist and it wasn’t long before I made Jay. Since she needed a balance, and I needed a male to supply Jacob with a donor, I made Kay (best decision EVER!). So it basically stemmed from my love of sci-fi and fantasy, and sim aliens. xD
2. I don’t know the plot for each character. I have a list of story ideas and then when a Danevbie is born and starts to grow, I try to match them up to a story that works with how they seem like they should be plus their traits. Sometimes I come up with an all-new story altogether. The stories that don’t get picked get thrown back into the pot for another chance later. 🙂 Sometimes something special happens so someone gets a unique story. Such as Serenity, since this was the only time a Danevbie heir could inherit the “special powers” it was a unique opportunity.
3. NOPE! I had NO clue how the whole thing was going to end! I just knew I wanted to write each generation with a story instead of just the whole “meet someone, marriage, kids”. I love to write and wanted to write stories. It wasn’t actually until gen 3 started when I realized how I generally wanted to end the whole thing and it wasn’t until gen 4 when I realized what that finale was, and had to change it to a 13 gen story. Since then I have been fleshing out what happens and why what’s going on is going on. And of course, putting subtle hints into the story–such as the reveal Doug and Serenity had about Luna, Sebastian, and Serenity being “different”. And it gives me a good excuse to write the ???? chapters. -giggles-
RainbowSimsCandy:Kay, did you know that you are very attractive, and also that you are being stalked?
Answer: Kay: O_O “Wh-wh-what?” -looks wildly around- “S-Someone is stalking me?” D: “And n-n-no, I’m n-n-not…” -blush- “I m-mean, I don’t think I am… at-t-ttractive…” -nervous fidget then head shake- >\\\<
MischiefTheKitten: 1. Whenever you have writer’s block, how do you find inspiration? 2. And where does your inspiration generally come from? 3. Is your name Erin?
Answer: 1. Oh wow that is a good question! I get past it in many ways. Sometimes I literally force myself though usually I am not too pleased with the chapters that happen that way. Sometimes I talk with TheUsernameFound and complain at her xD I’ve found that just bouncing ideas around with people is a great way to help (so feel free to e-mail me or message me on FB if any of you have writer’s block and I will do my best to help). Sometimes writing random scenes and stuff that is usually deleted can help, trying and retrying a scene I know I need to get through. Honestly the best thing I have found to help is to just step away and do something else. But when I want to get a chapter out, that is also the hardest route.
2. My inspiration comes from many different places. I really don’t want to sound conceited but my best source of inspiration is my own imagination. I’ve been told many times throughout my life I have “too much imagination” (no such thing, in my opinion) so often I get ideas when I am laying awake at night, or daydreaming. I get inspiration from books I read (Luna’s story was inspired by the book “Shades Of Grey” by Jasper Fforde, one of my favorite authors) or real life (Doug was based on a person I once knew. He didn’t really have powers of course, but he treated people like crap and lied like crazy) or even just from when I start writing and things change (Henri was never going to be this much part of Sen’s story, he was going to die before chapter ten and not return–but I fell in love with him!). I also get inspired reading other legacies. I see how awesome other people are at writing their stories and legacies, and I want to try to be as good as them. ^_^ That’s not so much as “I want to write something like them and copy them” but “I want to be half as good as them so I will try harder”.
3. Yep my name is Erin 😀 If you didn’t want this on the list, sorry xD
TheUsernameFound: 1. To Jay: What do you think you will be doing after you find aliens. Is there an after plan or are you going to wing it.
2. To Kay (you adorable thing you) : What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? Do you ever spend time away from your sister?
3. To Jacob: If your male pregnancy resulted in twins would you have had a different parenting strategy. And also, would you have liked to meet Penny other then having believed she was part of Cal’s wild imagination.
4. To Calsifer: Do you think your rebellion was in part because of Penny always being around you while you were at home? And if you could go back and change how you treated your dad, would you?
5. To Luna: What is your favorite moment working for Jay and Kay?
6. To Sebastian: Would you ever get a tattoo/peircing if Hal asked you? (in like getting matching ones or something cute.) Also how do you feel having met your great grandfather?
7. To Serenity: Are you excited to (probably) meet your great-grand father? Also if part of the wish involved you being able to let go of your powers would you let that happen?
Answer:1. Jay: “I do have a plan, and have high hopes they will permit me to stay with them and observe them. Alien culture has got to be more fascinating than anything I can imagine on this planet, and their technological advances will keep my mind active for decades! I am not so stupid as to think I will automatically be given full access to their lives right away, so I expect to spend plenty of time earning their trust. I have full confidence, however, they will see me as I am: superior to the rest of the life that is on this planet.”
2. Kay: “It d-depends on wh-what I have g-going on. Often my F-Friday nights are spent in one of our l-labs, doing r-research or other t-types of work. If we d-do not have an experiment g-going, which is rare, I like to s-settle in on the couch with a g-good book.” -looks around to make sure Jay isn’t around and whispers- “I admit I l-like a g-good mystery over th-the sci-fi genre.” -leans back- ” I have spent t-time away from my sister on m-many occasions, usually wh-when she is off l-looking for something. But she usually l-leaves me in charge of the l-labs so I have m-my hands full. I d-don’t often get time to m-myself. But I don’t mind, I love my s-sister. Even if sh-she is a bit crazy sometimes.” ^_^
3. Jacob: O_O “Twins?” ^_^ “I would have really enjoyed that, although that would have been really hard. I think having twins would have helped since then my children would have had someone else there for them instead of just me. I know it was really hard for Cal going through what he had to go through, and I think if he had a twin, a companion in school, it would have been easier. As for my strategy… I really didn’t have one. I just did my best, and I know I should have done more but it was always hard to punish my son. I expect it would have been just as hard to punish two kids.” “Now that I know Penny was more than just Cal’s imagination, yes–I really wish I could have properly met her. Who knows, maybe I did in some alternate reality!” -giggles-
4. Cal: “Penny had NOTHING to do with how I am or was! She’s a great friend and I am glad she was there for me!” -scowls- “Penny is perfect. Nothing to do with my actions.” ….. “Well maybe it was difficult sometimes. I mean, I LOVE HER AND ALL don’t get me wrong, and she is perfect, but sometimes a teenaged boy needs his privacy, ya know? Sometimes it did get frustrating, all those pent up hormones with no….” -shakes head- “And of course I would have treated my dad differently. I regret acting like I did. He deserved a better son. He deserved a lot of things, but because of me–yeah. I know I could never give him back the life he truly deserved, but I would have done my best to make what life he did have, better.”
5. Luna: “Oh my! Well, I would have to say some of the learning experiences. I got to work on some pretty awesome technology while at Acinert.” -mumbles- “Even if she did use that damned stun pen against me!” -looks back up- “Also, working with my husband was… nice.” -grins- “If I had to pick one moment, it would probably be every moment right before making a technological breakthrough. The thrilling feeling of discovering something new, or inventing something new…” -smiles blissfully- “It’s something I miss, having so many tools and books at hand.”
6. Sebastian: “Welllll, I am really not sure. A small tattoo somewhere that wouldn’t be seen by anyone other than Hal might be okay. Maybe on my hip.” -blushes- “I probably wouldn’t get a piercing, though. Maybe when I was younger, but now that I have so many kids it might seem like too much of a midlife crisis type of thing, you know? But a tattoo, depending on what it looked like, sounds feasible. I think Hal would look good with one though! And as for meeting my great-grandfather, it was all such an intense situation. I am grateful for him trying to help, and convincing his sister to leave my children alone. I wish I could meet him again, though, he seems rather nice. I think overall it was just weird to meet him, since he was younger than me.”
7. Serenity: “From what I’ve heard, yeah, I think it’d be real neat to meet him. I want to meet him, and his sister, to try and figure out my powers.” -has no idea that Jay was the woman showing up in house- “My maternal daddy said that Professor Redding was pretty nice, and my grandma said the same so yeah, I am excited at the prospect of meeting him. As for the wish–totally! I hate my powers. I feel real isolated all the time cause being around people and their feelings is super hard, especially since I can’t really block them that much.” -looks away- “It might seem cool to some people and maybe if I could turn them off and on it’d be better. But knowing how everyone around me feels all the time? It sucks. Knowing how my maternal daddy and my grandma feel ALL the time even if they’re not around me? Yeah, totally sucks. Plus, I fainted at my own wedding! It’s not fair. I hate my powers. I’d give almost anything to give them up.”
Maddy:Kay, who was your idol growing up? And do you really want to meet aliens or is that mostly your sister’s idea? Plus, I want to know, if you could meet absolutely anybody, who would it be?
Answer: Kay: “M-my idol? F-f-for the most part that w-would be my sister. She is v-very smart and I admire h-her dedication, wh-when I was little I w-wanted to be more like her.” -frowns a bit- “Other th-than her…” -looks around very nervously- “I really liked Jon Pertwee. His v-v-version of the Doctor was th-the type of man I w-wanted to be as a g-grown up.” -blushes- “But I know th-that is just silly.” -blushes more- “I do r-really want to meet aliens! I know m-my sister is a bit more v-vocal about it but be-because of… s-some things we’ve grown up with… it’s, I guess one c-could say, our d-destiny?” -makes sure Jay isn’t around- “Th-the big difference between her and I on th-this matter is, there are s-some things I wouldn’t do to meet them. I th-think she would do anything.” -shivers a bit then smiles- “And if I c-could meet anyone? Besides aliens?” -laughs- “I s-s-suppose it would be Sir Arthur C-Conan Doyle. He went through so m-much heartache…” -face falls a bit- “But he kept going, and p-pursued hope despite resistance around him. I l-like that.”
TheLifeOfAPetal: Kay: Do you ever walk around your…house (?) in your underthings? (Can we see a picture?)
Answer: Kay: O\\\\\\\\\O “N-no! I d-d-d-do not w-w-walk around l-like that!” >\\\\\< “And n-no!!! No p-p-p-pictures!”
“H-hey! I said n-n-n-no pictures!” Dx “That w-was just… after… a sh-shower… I d-d-don’t w-walk around like th-that when I am home alone.” -shifty eyes-
Spiderg1rl: 1. Serin, I adore you stories as you know so the first question is for you,did you ever expect such loyal fans? You have so many and they find it so hard to wait sometimes for the next post, does it ever make you think wow how did that happen? How do you manage to keep coming up with such great generations especially the unique ones time after time? I know you have a thousand ideas all the time but how do you manage to tell yourself not to do so many of them and keep to just one or two at any given time?
2. For Jay: What’s your favorite colour? Do you ever do normal things like go to the cinema or even date? And I don’t mean when your all incognito trying to follow someone like Serenity. You seem to have found a connection now between the work you do and the Danevbies that you helped to create. Could we be right to say your starting to be obsessed by them, nowhere near as much as your alien one, but have you decided that they mean something to you in that pea like heart of yours?
3. For Kay: You yourself have a massive fan club going, how do you deal with the constant love when you yourself are so shy? The Danevbies, if you could be a normal part of their lives without your sisters influence how would you explain to all the generations why your so young yet their mother or grandmother is older than you and they saw you as a child? I guess the real question is why don’t you offer others in your family the youth potion?
4. For Jacob: If you knew how much the twins would constantly hound your grandchildren, great grandchildren and such would you have tried harder at adoption or other means to have a child in your life?
5. For Cal: When you had your chat with Jay and Kay did you ever think anyone else in your family would ever see these two again causing inadvertently as much pain and heartache as you yourself had felt? If knowing this now would you have done anything differently like readying the kids more?
6. For Luna: Your work in Aincert was so important in your life and the triplets of course. When everything happened and you went back to Sunset Valley were you constantly watching your back waiting for Jay to notice you had made it from the bomb? If you had seen her what would you have done?
7. For Seb: You went through such heartache with Doug before you realised that Hal loved you all along too, do you ever wonder how Doug knew you were on that beach that day to start everything that happened to you?
8. For Serenity: You hope to meet Jay one day to talk about your powers and learn more about them, do you ever get a pang of guilt at what you hope for considering the pain they have caused your family which obviously includes Rosie Wing. Do you not think sometimes your whole family is better off without them and as a result you and your powers.
9. For Kaylee: You are so cool and helped your sister so much with her life and sanity in general did you ever wish you could go all mission impossible on the Reddings and try and find out as much as you could without them noticing so that the family could be rid of them?
Answer:1. I honestly never expected to get more than one or two loyal readers, so it’s really surprised me that I have as many as I do. Honestly, every time I hear from a new reader I am surprised and feel so happy. I am also so happy every time I hear from my old readers, knowing they’re still sticking with me after a few weeks, months, and now a year! I often ask myself ‘how did this happen’ since I belittle my work more than I probably should. I am honored that people are reading my work and can never express enough gratitude. As for my ideas, they really just pour into my head and of course change a bit as I write. Sometimes when I write, I write things that I never even expected. That probably sounds weird -laughs- but it’s true. As for dealing with so many ideas, it’s one reason I have so many legacies now and it’s still hard to deal with. I have so many ideas written down and when it gets really bad, I work on my old fanfiction. It does get frustrating sometimes since I only have so much time in the day that often I don’t get much done, and I feel wound up because of it.
2. Jay: “I like simple colors. White and black, especially. Being in a lab so much I tend to wear a lot of white coats, so that has become a staple of my life.” -adjusts glasses- “I believe that what one thinks of as ‘normal’ differs from person to person. I do not have time to go to the movies or do things like that. I believe that spending my time doing research and experiments is normal, and that is what I enjoy doing. As for the connection with the Danevbies…” -frowns a bit- “It was not intentional. I did not set out with the intention of linking everything with the Danevbies. Jacob’s son sought us out. Luna broke into our lab grounds. The blonde man was kidnapped by my experiment. Jacob and Serenity are the only two I ever purposely went to, Jacob for the male pregnancy, and Serenity as she seems to have inherited the ability to read emotions.” -folds arms- “I know it would seem I am the instigator in some of the… events… but it would do all of you well to remember for the most part it is in part of someone else that I and a Danevbie have crossed paths. After I learn more about Serenity’s abilities, I expect I will not be meeting another Danevbie ever again.”
3. Kay: “I appreciate th-the l-l-love people f-feel towards me b-b-but it is rather embarrassing and r-rather difficult to d-deal with the attention.” -blushes- “I’ve n-never seen myself as anything s-s-special, or attractive.” -blushes more- “I think th-the best way to d-deal with the attention is wh-when I find m-myself in a strange situation, to just go along w-with it.” -rubs back of head- “As f-for being p-part of the Danvbies’ lives, th-that would be nice but yes, it w-would be hard to explain b-being young but if I w-was not with my sister for wh-whatever reason, I would age. You s-see, I don’t know the s-secret ingredient to the youth potion. Jay n-n-never told me. Sh-she just mixes up the potion and g-gives it to me every… t-ten or t-twenty years. That is wh-why I cannot give the potion to anyone, I c-can’t make it.” -looks around and sighs, then whispers- “Honestly, I d-d-do not like this youth thing. It is n-not right.”
4. Jacob: “After seeing what has happened in my great-great granddaughter’s life, I have my own theories about–about things. And after seeing my son, granddaughter, and great-grandson going through what they have gone through, I believe that the Reddings’ lives and the Danevbies’ lives are, um, intertwined. I think if I had managed to have kids through another channel, there would still be these seemingly coincidental meetings.” -shrugs- “But I might be wrong. In any case, there is always heartache in life. I myself went through heartache before I met the Reddings. Even if the Reddings weren’t part of their lives, I think my, erm, descendents would have still had their share of problems. It’s just a part of life we can’t change, unfortunately.”
5. Cal: “Ugh, no, I never would have dreamed my children would have ever–” -stops and looks angry- “I never realized they would come into the lives of my children and grandchildren. What they did to Tempest, and Luna, I could kill them for it. And they hurt my grandson and probably want to hurt my great-granddaughter…” -glares- “If I ever see them again, I will hurt them. Especially her. She’s a cold-hearted, lying little b–well, you know.” -tries to settle down- “If I knew what would have happened, I would have done something differently. I would have killed her.” -looks away- “That probably sounds horrible but I honestly would have killed her. If I knew what she would one day do to my daughters. But if she was already gone? Then yes, I would have tried to warn my children more.”
6. Luna: “I never expected to see Doctor Redding, or Professor Redding ever again so no, I was not watching my back. We were in the news so I assume she knew perfectly well my husband and I, and all the rain–” -frowns- “Most the rainbows got out safely.” -leans forward and puts her chin on her hand- “Doctor Redding seems to me like the person to strike while the iron is hot. She locked me up with the intent of killing me, yes, but I don’t think she’s the sort of person to go after someone for revenge. If we had met up right after the events I am sure things would have been different. She probably would have tried to get revenge, and I–perhaps I would have too. She was willing to go through with death and destruction on such a scale, and the Wings were killed–I probably would have tried to hurt her.”
7. Sebastian: “I used to wonder… I always thought it was just a horrible coincidence, like–like when one is trying to decide whether to go out for dinner or not, and they decide to go out and wind up in a car accident. A horrible, unforeseen accident. But after–after what happened in the shack and what I found out about his abilities, I wonder if he used that to follow me to the beach. If he was telling the truth, of course, that he had seen me before and liked me, and had seen me at the party.” -shrugs- “It’s hard to tell what really happened. The truth died with him and even if he were still alive, he’d probably lie about everything anyway.”
8. Serenity: “What is there to feel guilty about? Yeah the Reddings have done crap stuff to my family but if they have the answers to what I need to know then I hope to one day find them. Maybe they could even get rid of my powers. As for whether my family is better off without them…” -scratches head- “I really don’t know. I don’t know everything they’ve done to my family.”
9. Kaylee: “Eeee! I got a question!” -claps happily- “I always wish I could go all Mission Impossible! Come on, who wouldn’t? But yeah that McGonagall-wannabe psycho lady that freaked out my sister? If she was gonna do something bad to my sister or any of my family, I would do all I could to protect them. I would like to know more about them for that. But sometimes the best defense is a good whack in the head with a wrench. To her, I mean. Not me. It’d be silly to whack myself in the head with a wrench. But yeah if they want to hurt my family they’d have to go through me first.”
MewMewMentor: 1. Penny – Do you remember your old life now? I mean, you’re dead and all. So do you remember being a Berry, and living in Ancora, and your parents? If not, do you wish you did? Or are you happy not knowing?
2. Nicky – Did you ever regret aborting your kids? Did you ever imagine yourself as a mother, and not cringe at the thought? Did you find happiness after you left Jacob?
3. Teri – Did you ever meet Kyle as an adult and his kids and his husbands? If so, did you like them? Did you wish you’d been more a part of Kyle’s life growing up?
4. Kellen – I miss you and your Shakespeare! Dx Anyways, what did you think Acinert was doing? Why didn’t you ever wonder why the Ancora people were kept locked up at all times? How long did you work there? How did you start working at Acinert? Do you wish you’d seen what was going on sooner?
5. Hal – What was your life like before college? Do you have any siblings? How did you figure out you were gay? Why did you and Seb decide to have so many kids? XD What do you do for work? (If this was mentioned in a chapter, I must’ve forgot.)
6. Doug – What did you do when you were ten that made Jay lock you up? Did you ever have any real happiness outside of beating up Seb? Which gender do you like more, males or females? Are you in heaven or hell?
7. Henri – What’s your favorite thing about Sunny? What did you guys like to talk about? What was your favorite thing to do together? Did you ever think of her romantically? (I won’t tell Sen if you did.) If you could change one thing about your human life, what would it be? Are you scared to die again?
Answer:1. Penny: “I am afraid I do not remember everything. I sometimes have a fuzzy memory like when I am asleep and wake up I get a sort of flash of something that may have been my before life, but may just be my imagination. Calcifer has told me everything he knows and Luna told me a little bit of what she found out, but I know she probably knows more and I did not ask. Part of me would like to know more about my past life but part of me also does not want to know. Perhaps it is selfish but I am scared of what I might feel if I found out I had another entire family.”
2. Nicky: “I know it seems harsh to some but no, I don’t regret what I did. In regards to abortion, it’s nobody’s business but my own. If someone doesn’t like the fact I did it, then it’s their problem. Not mine. I just don’t see the attraction in a life dedicated to a husband and children and all that stuff. Ilike children, I have relatives that have children, but that’s not what I ever wanted out of life. The thought of having to run after children and take care of them–not the life for me.” -crosses legs- “I did find happiness after Jacob. Right after, in fact. I did miss him and think about him, he was a great boyfriend and a great lover.” -grins at that- “But it was just as good being free of a relationship. I dated others throughout my life but I never married, and never had kids. That made me happy. I just don’t understand how women willingly tie themselves down.”
3. Teri: “Kyle… I did meet him, twice, and we corresponded throughout my life. He came to find me in France after he graduated. I–I didn’t want to meet him, at first. When he contacted me I didn’t want him to come. I thought he might hate me for what I did. But I am glad I did get to see him. I came back to Sunset Valley for a visit after he was married and had a child, my grandchild.” -looks surprised- “But after that we did not see each other again. Of course I wish I had been part of his life growing up. But you see, I made the decision knowing it was best for him. I was not in a good position to raise a child. I didn’t have much money and I had no idea how to take care of a child, and living in a foreign country–I was still getting used to France–it was too much. Calcifer and Penny were together and could give Kyle a more stable home than my own. But I do wish I had been there for his first words, steps, and as he grew older.”
4. Kellen:”Absence from those we love is… self from self… a deadly banishment.” -smiles- “Being parted from someone you care is difficult, but at the very least there are memories to dwell on.” -smiles more- “Anyway, onto the questions! I always thought Acinert was a research facility, trying to discover new medicines and technology. I was heavily involved with the medical side of things, so I often did not deal directly with those who were locked up. I was told that the rainbows who were brought in from Ancora and put in Acinert were there for various reasons, often willingly going through experimentation.” -runs his fingers through his hair- “I worked there for a long time. I would say… fifteen years? Around there? Probably more. I was offered a job right after I graduated high school. I received an online college education while working there. I was contacted by Doctor Dearg.” -frowns- “Or Redding? Whatever her name is. She said she kept an eye on high school grades in Riverview and offered jobs to those who seemed promising. Naturally, I do wish I had figured things out sooner. Acinert had been part of my life for a long time and I suppose I just never looked too deeply because… maybe I knew subconsciously I would find something bad.” -shrugs- “I thought those that died on the operation table died naturally. Doctor Dearg was almost always present and I saw her in action. She was–still is, I suppose–a very skilled surgeon. Skilled enough to look like she was doing the right things while sabotaging the surgery.” -looks down- “I was stupid, I suppose. Good thing my wife was more observant!”
5. Hal: “I had a pretty bland life before college. I grew up in Appaloosa Plains. I did all the typical things. I got good grades, I was on the football team, I rarely did anything out of the ordinary. I dated occasionally; girls. I did what was expected of me. I started suspected my sexual orientation when I was around seventeen. I was… rather attracted to another player on the team.” -rolls eyes- “But I ignored the feelings until I went to college. My first year was pretty much like the rest of my life up until then: bland. Then when I started my second year, my roommate and I…” -goes red- “One thing led to another, and I realized how I really felt. We dated for a while then broke up. When I went back home, there were some family troubles going on so I dropped out. After a couple years I came out to my family and they kicked me out. I returned to college, met Viola who introduced me to Sebastian and…” -huge grin- “The rest is history. As for siblings, I do have a sister but she pretty much hates my guts. My whole family pretty much pretends I never existed.” -settles back and thinks for a moment- “You know, I don’t think Seb and I ever actually said ‘we want six kids’. I loved Duncan with all my heart and after Serenity was born, I loved her too. So after Seb and I got married we decided to have one of our own and Kaylee was born. We loved being parents so much we gave it another try and got twins. Then decided, why not? And voila! Mal was born.” -laughs- “We might have had more if it wasn’t too dangerous. I know it used to be for males that only two or three pregnancies was the limit. By the time Seb and I started having kids, men could safely have a few more but still–four pregnancies, one giving him twins, was a lot for his poor body. We didn’t want to risk him having problems. My current job is managing bookstores. I was fired–er, I was asked to resign from my position at Doo Peas, and afterwards I got a job at the local bookstore as a manager. Since Sebastian makes a decent profit off his books and we had plenty of money stored for the kids’ college, I decided to just stay as a manager. I really enjoy the job.”
6. Doug: “I didn’t do anything. I just had temper tantrums, any kid has them. Doctor Rood just… over exaggerated.” Translation: he bullied others as a kid and when he was ten he got worse, and physically attacked both Jay and Kay, as well as his fellow experiments, resulting in one death.
“I never got any happiness from beating Sebastian up!” -looks angry- “How can anyone say I did? I just lost my temper. It was an accident. I never meant it. I loved Sebastian with all my heart and always felt so awful after I realized what I did! And no, when I was with Sebastian when my temper was… not there… that was my true happiness.” Translation: Doug loves exerting power over others so yes, he enjoyed ruling over someone like that. As for happiness OTHER than ruling over Seb, he liked doing whatever the heck he wanted to do, so that was sort of happiness.
“I like men. I never was happy with girls. Just with Sebastian. I never really meant to sleep with the girls.” Yeah, he likes sleeping around, doesn’t matter what sex or gender.
“My afterlife isn’t exactly… the most pleasant right now.” -scowls- “I am a ghost. Locked up. So it’s a sort of hell for me.”
7. Henri: “Hmm, my favorite thing about Sunny was probably her attitude. She really had this sort of… confidence about her. I admired that. We talked about a lot of things, really. Besides her talking about Ashe and me talking about Serenity, we talked a bit about our lives when we were alive and stuff like that.” -laughs then looks a bit guilty- “We did some…. well… okay, don’t tell Sen this.” -leans in- “One of Sunny’s favorite past times that she sucked me into was scaring people.” -snickers- “It was a lot of fun! Making things float and haunting people… but before you say anything, we often did it to brats. Like, kids vandalizing the graveyard and stuff like that. Not to nice people.” -hesitates- “Okay, not often to other people. It was great fun. And while Sunny and I did have some fun together doing stuff like that, I was never interested in her romantically. She was a few years younger than me–well, technically many decades younger than me–and she always seemed more like… the best friend/sister type of thing.” -blinks and looks up- “It’s hard to say if I could change something about my human life. Maybe–maybe try to be more patient with Serenity and her powers but it was so hard when she knew everything I felt then acted like what she felt didn’t matter. I wish I could have been more of a regular boy. Maybe–” -frowns and looks embarrassed- “Maybe even being with Serenity. I was really scared she might get pregnant though. And it is hard to answer your final question. I am not afraid to die again. But I am afraid of leaving Serenity again. I am hoping it is many, many years before it happens.” -smiles- “I am looking forward to being her husband, and hopefully even a father.”
(Henri’s answer subject to change if Tuf wants me to)
RainbowSimsCandy, more: 1. Nicki, why such an aversion to marriage and kids? Also, you should’ve let poor Jacob down easier. You broke his poor little heart. 2. Doug, you are a horrible not-human-being and totally deserved to die. So there. *sticks out tongue* 3. Jacob, why did you never adopt? You would have been the perfect adoptive parent. :3 4. For this one, I just needed to see their reaction: Jay and Kay, did you know that in another life, you both have half-alien sons?
Answer:1. Nicky: “Marriage is just a stupid ruse to have women tied down and forced to do what their husband wants. I know some husbands say the give their wives ‘freedom’ but how much freedom can a woman have tied down to a husband and kids? I like my freedom. I have no desire to be tied down. And Jacob broke my heart, I thought he understood that I liked my freedom. I let him down as easy as I could but I was pretty mad that night.”
2. Doug: “THAT ISN’T EVEN A QUESTION! And I am NOT horrible, I just lost my temper. Everyone loses their temper. What’s so wrong about wanting to be with the person I love? Sebastian loved me too, he was just……. he just…. thought he didn’t. He would have come around after we left the country.”
3. Jacob: “I did try to adopt, between when Nicky and I broke up, and when I properly met the Reddings.” -looks a bit sad- “The adoption agency turned me down. They said I did not earn enough money, that my house was too small, and while they didn’t say this I suspect my being a single man was another strike against me. I wish I could have adopted, but I am also glad it didn’t happen since if I did adopt, I might never have had Cal.”
4. Kay: O_O “Wh-what? Alternate… universe…? I s-s-s-suspect they d-do exist, th-there is some evidence, after all every d-d-decision we make–“
Jay: -shoves brother out of the way- “WHAT? Where is this?” -looks annoyed- “I demand evidence. I do NOT believe this is true. If any of me is good enough to meet aliens, it is me. Not a lesser version of me.”
Kay: “S-s-sister, it’s an alternate–“
Jay: “Shut up.” -paces around- “I think we should explore this avenue of… alternate universes a bit more closely. Perhaps that is the missing link. Perhaps the worlds split into two different universes and the aliens simply… went with that world. Come, brother! We need to do research!” -grabs Kay and runs off-
Chrissy: Erin, do you plan to write novels in the future? If you do, will you tell your online fans about them? Do you have anything you are working on right now?
Answer: Yep, I plan on becoming a published author! ^_^ It’s been my dream since I was fourteen, and I have been writing ever since, both novels and fanfictions. I will of course tell my online fans if and when I do get published–hopefully it is soon! I do have some novels I am working on. I am not close to finishing them, but am hoping to do so soon. I doubt it will be much of a surprise… but my genre will be YA fantasy. 🙂 I would do more sci-fi stuff but I really don’t know much about technology -sweatdrop- As I said I have several novels I am working on, but there is one in particular I am working on more than otthers. Unfortunately I’ve had writer’s block for it, for a while.
Luxaeternaimaging: 1. I noticed you have done a few character share/crossovers with TheUsernameFound. Have you considered having Jay and Pons meet( I think it would be hilarious). Would Jay be jealous of Pons having already met the aliens?
2. Is there anything else from Sims 2 you wish would be incorporated into a Sims 3 expansion? I know I really enjoyed college, and I miss the Plantsims… I never once had one of my sims abducted by aliens, and I played a lot
3. And my last question. Of all of your characters, which one do you think reflects your own personality the most?
Answer: 1. Tuf and I do tend to plot when we’re on facebook haha. 😛 I think if Jay and Pons met, the universe would be destroyed. xD If it didn’t then yes, Jay would be very angry that Pons got to meet aliens. But while I adore Pons, Jay… would not be able to stand being in her company for very long. xD maybe the Danevbies should hire her as a guard 😉
2. Aliens is of course the main thing I want. But only if it is done right. I want it to be like Sims 2 where the sim is abducted and stuff. I would be unhappy if they were added into the game like the ‘mysterious green sims’ from Hidden Springs, or vampires. Other than aliens… I would say there isn’t a whole lot. There are little things (like making out in the car) but since (SPOILER ABOUT THE NEXT EXPANSION PACK) the next expansion is giving me a huge array of fantasy additions such as werewolves and fairies and zombies and witches (END SPOILER) I am pretty happy. I miss plant sims a bit but I never played them much. I liked university but never played it much since it gave my sim too much of a boost. I like the struggle in sims, when I play for fun my sims are all super poor and work hard for what they get, and if the family gets too rich I take a kid, move them somewhere and take away the money again. So I disliked that the college put my sim in a position where they were far into their career simply because of how I played the game. But I think in a Sims 3 setting it would be super fun. Plus it’d be a huge help for story telling! 🙂 My sims were often abducted since I usually had logic-driven sims that wallowed on the telescope. After Free Time came out… that certainly helped 😆
3. It is hard to say, it’s a toss up between Jacob and Sebastian. I would probably have to say Sebastian since I have a poor view about myself, and always feel ‘not good enough’. But it’s hard to judge my own personality. Also, most of Sebastian’s traits my simself wouldn’t have -laughs- Also, I do see a lot of myself in Jacob as well. I really want a family, I really want to have kids. So it’s kinda hard to tell, haha. Probably Sebastian.
Megs:1. Do you think Henri and Serenity’s relationship would be the same if Henri had never been sick?
2. Do you think Calicifer would have become the same man if he hadn’t had Penny since he was a child? Do you think she influenced his change in character?
3. What happened to all the rainbows from Acinert?
4. Who’s generation has been your favorite to write?
5. Henri- What was it like being dead? Did it get boring?
Answer: 1. Oh certainly their relationship would be different. They probably wouldn’t have made it very long in a relationship. Being sick, Henri developed a sort of selflessness. Not to say he wasn’t selfish at times, but knowing he had a limited time alive gave him a different view on life. I think it was that different view that helped Serenity deal with knowing his emotions all the time. I think he helped her not be as cynical as she might have turned out. And his being sick gave her something to care about.
2. Again, most certainly. Penny helped keep him somewhat grounded. He would have been a lot worse without her to talk to. He probably would have been angrier at his father, since Penny helped smooth things out when Cal was being a brat. Then again, he might have also not been quite as pent up since I think part of his problem was having so little privacy. He grew up in a very tiny house and Penny was there all the time. His change in character after becoming an adult was partially because of Jacob’s death but without Penny being there I think he would have been a bit wilder? Being separated from her while he was running around the country getting drunk helped him realize how much he cared for her. Penny has a gentle and sweet nature, but also a bit blunt at times. Calcifer really needed that, if that makes sense.
3. They were generally left to fend for themselves, though not completely. I am sure they had people who helped them adapt a bit into the “real world”. I imagine a lot of them formed their own community somewhere in the countryside. I actually plan on going a little bit into that in “On The Wings Of My Dream” as Rosie will eventually be meeting someone else from Ancora who talks about their experience after the event. But overall, the rainbows probably just formed their own little place somewhere, some probably went out and made their own way a bit like Rosie, and a few probably found families to stay with.
4. Sebastian’s. Hands down, Sebastian’s. With Jacob coming in close behind. I really, really enjoy writing drama and intense situations. I also really enjoyed Sebastian’s character a lot. I kinda wish I had written more, honestly, haha. Although this is subject to change after I write generation three of “On The Wings Of My Dream”. That plot… is one I have been wanting to write since I started writing sim stuff. -giggles- But yeah, I liked Gen Four of the Danevbies. I… I can’t say I enjoyed writing it all, because of some of the horribleness, but it was the generation I’ve been most excited about. I do love all the heirs so far and I am sure I will love all the ones to come. But Sebastian’s, with the drama and the supernatural aspect… I loved it. 🙂 Though I am super excited about gen 6 ^_^
5. Henri: “It’s strange being dead. I always felt like I should cross-over but there was something stopping me. My love for Serenity, I am guessing. When I was a typical ghost I got confused a lot and time was kinda screwed up for me, but that is probably because I was in France then I was in Zephyr Hills, and all that crazy stuff. Now that I am more…” -looks down at himself- “…whatever I am, things are nicer. I still feel that pull to the other side but I ignore it, it’s not what I want. And yes, being a ghost was very boring at times. Especially before Sunny. There weren’t many ghosts in my family mausoleum so it was very lonely. And in Zephyr Hills, I didn’t interact much with anything around me for a long time. It was very strange, being a ghost.”
LaLaLa:1. Kay, have you ever tried to avoid your sister & ignore her?
2. Jay, I see you’ve been wearing the same glasses and hairstyle for quite a while, have you ever changed your appearance.
3. Doug, you needed to cut your hair. I dun like you either.
4. Seb, do you still get horrible doug-fied nightmares?
5. Penny, did you ever think about dying your hair?
6. Luna, do you think you resemble Jay?
7. Calcifer, do you remember the crazy Mohawk you had? Do you still like it?
8. Jacob, if you had never gotten onboard with the reddings, do you think you would’ve had children with a woman?
9. Kay, how did you get your stutter?
10. Jay & Kay, are you rich?
11. Erin, why are you such a wonderful writer?
Answer:1. Kay: “Of c-c-c-course not!” -looks around- “Okay m-maybe.” :I “Once or t-twice. Or. Um. M-more. Maybe.” -shifty eye look- “D-d-d-don’t tell, please!”
2. Jay: “I see no need to change anything. My glasses serve their purpose, and keeping my hair back in a bun prevents it from getting into my face. When I was younger I wore my hair differently but it was still pulled back.”
3. Doug: “That is not a question either.” -glares- “I don’t really care if you like me or not. And I like my hair the length it is. Sebastian liked it too.” -gives a pervy grin-
4. Sebastian: “Sometimes, yes, I still have nightmares about–about him. I think it’s something that will haunt me forever. I love Duncan completely but he looks a lot like… like Doug… so sometimes it hurts to see him. And when he yells it really brings back bad memories.” -sighs- “I know it’s wrong of me to do that but it’s hard. It really is hard.”
5. Penny: “Dye my hair? I do not know why I would do that.” -thinks for a moment- “I suppose my hair is a strange color but I do not mind it.” ^_^
6. Luna: “Resemble…?” o_o “I don’t think I do. In looks you mean? Not personality. I think–I think I’m much nicer than her. I wouldn’t go around callously killing people because I’m bored of an experiment.” -grabs a mirror and squints- “I don’t think I really look much like her. Do I? Kellen? Someone? I don’t! Do I?” D:
7. Cal: “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
Penny: “Yes you do, love, you had this sort of… high hair thing when you–“
Cal: “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!” @___@ “If I ever did anything like that… I… must have been… drunk. Yes. That was it. I was drunk.” >_>
8. Jacob: “I may have wound up in a relationship with someone, so it is very possible I could have had kids with a woman. I do wish I had found someone else, to love and be with, and to parent with, and maybe have more kids with… but I don’t have any regrets.”
9. Kay: “I’m afraid I c-c-can’t really t-talk about th-that. It has t-to do with m-my childhood wh-which I know w-will be talked about at s-some point.” ^\\^ “S-sorry!”
10. Jay: “Yes.”………
Kay: “W-w-we should explain wh-where we got our m-money…”
Jay: “Why?” -sighs- “Fine. We received a bit from when our parents died. We do not spend frivolously and put away a lot of the money we received from working. ” -crosses legs- “We have sold a lot of our discoveries and inventions. We also have money coming to us as we have purchased some businesses. It gives us a good income. So yes, we are rich.” -glares at Kay- “Is that enough, brother? Or should we share more of our personal lives that it is not their business to know?”
Kay: >\\\> “S-sorry. I j-just th-thought we should answer the q-question properly.”
11. o___O I don’t know. xD I don’t think I am that good but I am grateful for the support and the love I get from my readers ^_^
Maddy, More: Oh! I have another question! Jay, what was your very first experiment? And was there ever a time that you were a good person?
Answer:Jay: “My first experiment? That is rather vague. Do you mean my first fully funded researched experiment or merely in general? If it is merely in general, I believe it would be when I was five and converted a toaster into a flaming toast launcher.” -pauses- “My brother still has issues with eating breakfast.” -shrugs- “If you mean after I received a job, and a grant? It would be at Landgraab Facilities, working with male pregnancy. I of course did experimentation and such beforehand but I suppose that would be considered my first ‘official’ experiment’. And nice… is a difficult word. I am fully aware I have done some things others might consider to be wrong, but it was within the scope of my experimentation and…. necessary.”
Rozelliee:Erin- which writers inspire you the most? Did you play the Sims 1? And do you maaaybe have any examples of your /old/ writing for comparisons? :3
Answer:Diana Wynne Jones is my favorite author. As soon as I read the first page of the first book I ever read by her, I was hooked. I have almost every single one of her books and am trying to get the ones that are out of print. I would say she inspires me the most. If you like YA fantasy, read her stuff–it is AMAZING! (For any of you who have seen the movie ‘Howl’s Moving Castle’, Diana Wynne Jones wrote the book which is a million times better). She’s been my favorite author for ages, and if I had to pick my top five favorite books in the world she would hold all five slots. Although the book “Little Women” is what inspired me to want to become a published author. I’ve always adored writing but after reading “Little Women” I fell in love with Jo and what she was doing. ❤ So it’s kinda thanks to that I’m writing as much as I am now.
(Oh and I also adore Jasper Fforde, Michael Crichton, Jean Plaidy, and Connie Willis, “Bellwether” by Connie Willis actually might be in my top five favorite books. I highly recommend it. It is purely amazing.)
As for Sims 1, I did play it–after I got Sims 2. I got some sort of deluxe edition and I really enjoyed it. I am trying to find it because I would like to play again someday soon. I also have “Sims”, “Sims: Busting Out” and “Sims 2” for Gamecube, and “Sims 3” for the Wii.
Old writing? Haha sure, I might put that up sometime. I was thinking of posting some of my old fanfiction on a blog. It’s pretty much all Harry Potter stuff though haha. Most of my “real” writing I am still working on and stuff so I am not sure how much of it I have that could still be called “old”. But if you’d like, I could start posting some fanfiction ^_^
Ebonyimonit:1.Doug, consider yourself lucky. We wanted to attack you with our fire sticks and pointy objects, but Erin didn’t let us. But I feel better knowing your locked up somewhere, all alone.
2.Erin, did you ever consider taking River into CAS and dying her hair blonde to see if see looks exactly like Kaylee? They look identical to me.
3. Serenity, how many kids do you think you and Henri will have?
Answer:1. Doug: o_o “You are all horrible people. I never did anything wrong. Just because I accidentally hit Sebastian a few times… and accidentally cheated on him once or twice… it doesn’t make me a bad person. We all make mistakes we regret.”
2. Not yet but a picture will soon be coming! 😛
3. Serenity: o\\o “Oh! Um, I’m not sure. A couple, I hope. We haven’t talked much about it since, well, the whole ghost thing. I know we would like to possibly have a couple. But if they’re going to be ghosts like Henri I am not a hundred percent sure. Maybe we will adopt?” -blushes- “If we do have our own kids, only one or two probably.”
Rhett: My question is can we please get a pic of Jay being hit by a school bus or that pedo Ice Cream truck
Answer:-shifty eye look- maaaaybe :3
Jay: O_O “No!”
Maybe. Stay tuned for possible picture.
Note: The others will be answered in a bit, as I am sick and it hurts my chest to sit up for long periods of time; After I lay down for a bit and rest, I will be back on to answer the rest! Also I know it’s a bit… messy so tomorrow when I feel better I will try to organize it a bit better so it’s question, answer, question, answer, instead of all of someone’s questions and then all the answers. If that makes sense. @_@ Basically, put one question then the answer. xD Instead of three questions and then three answers.
1.Doug, consider yourself lucky. We wanted to attack you with our fire sticks and pointy objects, but Erin didn’t let us. But I feel better knowing your locked up somewhere, all alone.
2.Erin, did you ever consider taking River into CAS and dying her hair blonde to see if see looks exactly like Kaylee? They look identical to me.
3. Serenity, how many kids do you think you and Henri will have?