WOW so several people nominated me for the Liebster Award! I can’t even begin to say how happy it makes me that people have enjoyed me stories so much they want to include me in this chain of story love!
I have been nominated by all these amazing people so go check out their stories–I definitely will be and am excited to have some new reading ❤
And a fourth person but I don’t have a link yet to their post.
Thank you so much everyone! Now, others might be wondering what this is. Well it seems to be a chain of story-love going around. Linking stories and giving love. It’s a beautiful thing! And I am so happy people thought of me ❤
The official rules
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Now, I won’t be nominating anyone because I am so out of the loop with sim stories. You can check out some amazing sim stories here (which I need to update oops), and of course check out the blogs of those who nominated me ❤
Now for my 33 questions to answer xD! Well, less than since Starletsims asked only 6.
1. How long have you played the Sims?
Since… 2005? 2004 or 2005, it was just before/around when nightlife was released for sims 2. I remember being at a friend’s house and he showed us sims 2 and I was in love from that second on. I had seen things for sims one and always wanted to play it but never could; so I scrimped and saved to buy sims 2 and was so hooked. Now I have all of the first three generations!
2. What gave you inspiration for your blog/story?
I remember having game glitches so I got on the forums in May of 2011. I saw a link to a story in someone’s signature and was so surprised! I’ve always adored reading, it never occurred to me people might be writing stories with their sims! I read some of Tuf‘s short stories, Tippie’s legacy, and Alice and Kev. I was so in love and just so… well, hooked! I decided at once to do a legacy.
3. What is your favorite aspect of the sims? (it could be sims 1,2,3 or 4)
I don’t know how to explain it really. I love getting lost in their worlds, their lives. Being able to guide them through or let them have free will. I’ve always loved playing with dolls and writing, making up my own stories and worlds–so having that control and freedom in a game has always probably been my favorite thing. And the whole family thing. I love families and raising kids and then playing as the kids… sims 3 probably strikes me as the one that did that best since you get so many life stages.
4. What is your favorite trait in the sims 3?
Clumsy! It’s so cute! I make way too many clumsy sims!
5. If you could be any in-game townie of Sunset Valley, who would you be?
I have no idea, honestly. I don’t usually play with the townies–I pretty much always make my own sim. Probably one of the rich ones though, haha.
6. How often do you play the sims for fun rather than blogging/story telling?
I used to play a lot for fun, now not so much due to not having very much time. I do miss playing for fun though. Hopefully I’ll have some free time soon to do so! I don’t know if there’s really a set amount I do play, just on and off. 🙂
1. Do you pull from your personal life experiences when writing out your story?
Sometimes yes, I do 🙂
2. If you answered yes to #1 can you gives us an example? If you answered no this is the place to insert the funniest gif you have.
I based Seb and Doug’s relationship loosely off an old friend of mine’s relationship he had with someone. Sometimes in dialogue I try to base the way a character speaks off of people I know, or how they might react. Just small things like that. But here, have a gif that always makes me laugh anyway:
3. Who is your favorite among all the characters you have written?
CHAAAANNNCEchancechancechancechance my baby. Chance. He’s my baby. I love him. My baby. Chance.
4. Oh boy! You suddenly meet this character! What happens?
I’d probably be in major cooing mode and fawning all over him and telling him how cute and adorable he is. He’d probably trip and fall. Then we’d play video games together!
5. Sims 3 suddenly has a global malfunction and dies on every single computer and will never work again, would you still continue writing your story only without pictures?
Yep. I would totally. Y’all will get the finale no matter what ;P I even have the overall plot finale vaguely written, along with a note on my computer giving directions on how to post something in case something ever happens to me.
6. Are you the type who can totally write your sims story with a bunch of people looking? Or do you need to wait for everyone to leave the room before you can get comfy and write your sims?
I’m pretty much always alone. But when people are around and I happen to be writing, I’d still write. Though I prefer being alone because the couple of times I’ve written with people around they keep trying to talk at me.
7. Do you own a cat? This is a serious question. I swear 90% of sims 3 writers own a cat.
Bwahaha technically yes though she doesn’t live with me. I live with my grandpa right now and the way he is with doors, I’m too afraid of my cat slipping out. She’s an indoors cat and wouldn’t do well… and could very easily be hit by a car since we live near a big road. I miss my baby though and can’t wait to have her back. And more cats. I want a second kitty as soon as I can get one.
8. Your thoughts on sims 4? You may cuss as much as you like.
Boring. Boring, boring, boring. I played the base game of sims 2 for dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of hours. I played the base game of sims 3 for definitely over a hundred hours, if not more than two. I played the base game of sims 4 for like, maybe 29 hours total and probably 9 of those was building, and another couple hours was my lets play. It just bores me. It’s so empty, and lacking, and uninspiring for me.
9. Are you planning on continuing with sims 3 once you’re done with your current story?
Yep. I’ll probably always play sims 2 and 3. Unless sims 5 is so incredible and amazing and blows sims 2 and 3 out of the water, but then I’d still play it.
10. Favorite expansion? In amazing detail plz.
Oh wow. I don’t know. I don’t really explore the packs as much as others do. I’d say hmmm, Supernatural or Generations. I love supernatural because, well, I love supernatural stuff. The new occults are fun and the furniture all looks amazing. Plus I love Moonlight Falls. With Generations it added stuff that I love best about sims: things for families. Plus I’m one of the few that like imaginary friends, I think xD sorry that wasn’t more amazing detail though.
11. Last question! How would you like living in the sims world and being a sim yourself?
I think I’d like it. Especially if I could just hop into bed and go to sleep immediately. No more insomnia or sleeping problems! Or backache! Unless I was preggers. Then I could easily look a bit nicer… and maybe find someone to marry xD just chat, joke, flirt, propose, have private wedding and bam.
1. Is there a particular author who’s writing style inspires you who, or who you really admire?
My favorite author is Diana Wynne Jones. She was an amazing author and I adore every book I’ve read by her. She was just incredible. I also give so much credit to Louisa May Alcott, as it was in reading “Little Women that made me want to become a writer!
2. When did you first start playing The Sims? And did you start with 1, 2 or 3?
Already answered above 🙂 I will add that I had been wanting sims for so long. I remember seeing ads for it and thinking it was something I’d love. And boy was I right!
3. What’s your favorite Sims 3 Expansion?
It’s pretty much… well, I cna never decide between Supernatural or Generations. I also love Island Paradise. But my top would be either Supernatural or Generations, it’d really depend on my mood!
4. Do you write your story and then make the sims play it out with poses etc. or do write a story based on whatever happens in game? Or a bit of both?
I started off with gameplay before writing… but that soon changed. I just have so many ideas that it’s hard to let the gameplay dictate the story–though the gameplay sometimes influences the story. But with Polychromeward Bound, it’s mostly story but also a bit of gameplay! But yeah after Jacob and Cal’s gen I really just got much more into the writing for story’s sake.
5. Do you have a favorite type of Sims blog to read (Legacies, Baby Challenges etc.)?
I like legacies most but I’ll happily read anything. Unfortunately for a while now I’ve not had much free time to read… I’ve been so behind in everything I’m hoping to start reading more often now. Oh! I really like DitFT stories. I love that challenge.
6.What fictional character would you like to meet in real life?
Oh wow, there are so many I’d love to meet. Probably Jo March (“Little Women”) or Christopher Chant (The Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones) for sure. Maybe Zelos Wilder from the “Tales of Symphonia”/”Dawn of a New World” video games ;P
7. What inspired you to write your Sims blog?
But no seriously. Aliens. Like, part of the inspiration was discovering the sim-writing community, and Tuf’s stuff and Tippie’s legacy like I mentioned before. But then when trying to figure out what to write about I knew it had to involve aliens–or lack thereof. Aliens was my favorite part of sims 2. I love aliens in sims 2. I missed them. So I thought of the Redding twins and then Jacob and his pregnancy. So, aliens.
8. Do you have a specific song or playlist that you think sums up your story or that you listen to while writing?
I usually either have movies, TV shows, or youtube playing when I write but when I listen to music it is 80s music. As for a sums-up song… I don’t know if there is any specific song, but most the gen titles are pretty fitting from the third gen onward for their own gens (you can see the titles in full and song titles here).
9. Have you ever had a really weird or funny bug or glitch happen in your game?
The glitch that makes me laugh the most is always the Lion King glitch.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATSA IMASKJSSJDJWJ -circle of life music plays-
10. Do you play computer/console games outside of the Sims? If so, what?
Haha yes! I am very much so a gamer. I have SO many games e_o my consoles are: gameboy color, gamboy advance sp, gamecube, nintendo ds, wii, xbox 360, nintendo 3ds (a regular version and an XL version), and a playstation 3. Plus my computer–I belong to steam and have a bunch of games there. I play so many games and series it’s hard to list them all.
I think besides sims my top 5 favorite series would include: Tales series (Symphonia, Abyss, Xillia, etc), Harvest Moon (the real series–the one that’s no longer known as harvest moon), Elder Scrolls (I have two copies of Morrowind, two Oblivions, and two Skyrims–a computer and console version of both, and I am desperate to get Daggerfall and Arena!), and of COURSE Pokemon (-drools forever-). I spend so much money on video games it’s kinda bad.
11. Favorite aspect of the Sims (do you like building, interior decorating, Create-a-sim, actual game-play or just everything about it!)?
Actual gameplay 🙂 I love playing the game, living the little lives… growing families… alllll of that, I adore it. It’s wonderful. I think I’d like create-a-sim more if it didn’t take forever for clothes to load. Same with interior decorating and the color wheel. But I also don’t want to lose the color wheel (one reason I dislike sims 4). So game play is why. I love getting expansion packs and stuff packs and buying from the store to add new items to use, new gameplay to have fun with…!
Wow guys thank you SO SO SO much for this! I really am incredibly happy y’all nominated me. I do feel bad for not nominating anyone but I am just so far behind in everything I don’t know if I’d be able to, or who even has it and who doesn’t.